“Crisis Help Radio Show”
– a monthly show on WVOX 1460AM on the second Tuesday of each month, from 7pm-8pm. Call-in number is 914.636.0110. Facebook Live connection is under Kelly Sisco or Francis Sisco.
A. Overview – Our show is broadcast on WVOX at 1460 AM Radio live on the second Tuesday of each month from 7pm to 8pm EST. And worldwide on http://www.wvox.com. The WVOX studio is located at Whitney Media (for WVOX AM and WVIP FM – 93.5) at 411 Fifth Avenue, New Rochelle, NY 10801 (near Potter Ave.) The call-in number is 914.636.0110.
Each month, co-hosts Frank Sisco, Tom Sullivan, and Kelly Sisco (and periodically Ken Kline) moderate lively discussions among guests in the New Rochelle, NY studio and call-in guests on a wide variety of topics related to the crisis and stress people are experiencing in their lives, in areas that include financial problems brought on by loss of job or business, relationship problems include divorce and separation, health problems including death, disability, sickness, aging, disease, etc,. physical such as fire, floor, accidents, injuries, acts of God, etc.
Live video also can be seen on wvox.com. Prior shows are (1) a few are shown at the below links (2) on youtube (by searching on Crisis Help Radio Show and Fran Sisco and Tom Sullivan), and (3) on Facebook under Francis Sisco. The show was begun in 2008 during the nation’s financial crisis. The show focuses on themes and helpful strategies that are discussed on the show include staying positive, getting the help of others, seeing the silver lining even as you face adversity, teamwork, spirituality, appreciating that the flip side of crisis is opportunity, expressing your authentic self, using creativity and creative endeavors (e.g. music, writing, poetry, performance, acting, painting, sculpture, teaching, etc.) to develop new solutions and giving fully of yourself to others. Our shows often include specific suggestions provided by our in-studio guests and phone guests who are experts or have particular experience and points of views in the areas being discussed. If you would like to be a guest to share about your coping strategies with crisis and stress, or you are an expert on such matters, please contact Fran Sisco via email at FrancisSisco@aol.com. If you would like to sponsor or advertise on our show, the fees are modest, and the impact quite good, especially after considering the post-show coverage via social media, email blasts, websites, etc.
In addition, older shows can be accessed through a problematic older webpage, at the following link: (Do not use this link as all mp3s will load concurrently, causing delays).
B. A sample of a few radio shows are at the following:
1a. Episode on “Children – Reducing Their Stress and Crisis” – Recorded on 10/9/19 –
1b Episode on “Feeding the Hungry and Homeless” and discussion with several call-in guests – Recorded 11/14/17.:
1. Episode on “The Power of Collaboration in Dealing With Stress and Crisis” and using as examples the collaboration of musicians, singers, writers, producers etc. to create the songs that are written or co-written by Fran Sisco – Recorded 10/10/17.
2. Episode on “Dealing with loss – including about 911” – Recorded on 9/12/17
3. Episode on “Therapy Dogs & Pet Rescue” – Recorded on 12/13/16
4. Episode on 1/9/18 on musicals, with a focus on the Anne Hutchinson musical by John Taylor Thomas which played on 1/14/18 at St. Paul’s Church in Mt. Vernon (897 South Columbus Avenue)
5. A small sample of our shows on youtube.com are at the following youtube link:
“Other radio shows” –
Videos and mp3s are available of Fran Sisco’s other prior radio shows including “Senior Musings,” “A Question of Money,” “Videos of Cars,” and appearances on others’ shows.